Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Very Late Christmas Gift

This is either a very early for next year Christmas Gift, or what it really is a late one for this last year.

This is for a Ruger Security Six. Great old gun Ruger stopped making in the 80's I think.

I tried two new things with this holster, I hope the recipient likes them...

1. It's made from a horses butt. No lie. I found a deal on some leather from the rump of Mr. Ed. It was a good price something new to try. I don't like the leather for a few reasons but it produced a nice holster.

2. I tried something new with my dye. I read a tip telling me to mix some dye with some leather conditioner, and work it that way, didn't producer what I hoped for, but it's nice warm color. Almost a British tan.

If you're clever you can see the initials of the owner in the holster.

So when I get around to shipping it, hopefully by next Christmas, I hope the owner likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment